6.7.06

To err is human...

...to Moo, bovine!

*grin*

Today's quote comes complimentary from someone far away, who let a young calf drive his manual sports car a long, long time ago. [N.B. Did it without any engine failure either!] It's funny how close true friends really are, even though they are actually miles away.

Just the other day, I got an sms from an ex-colleague letting me know that she's leaving the company to be a full time mummy! How exciting for her! I can't wait to see her littl' kid. Kids are just adorable...but always the conversation comes back to "So when are you guys having kids?" Answer: Not just yet.

Anyway, getting back to the subject at hand...Friendship. I have not been able to have the same sort of relationships I have with my Malaysian buddies compared to relationships I have with the Australians. Sure, they may seem polite and everything (and be all nice and whatnot in front of you) ...but it's just a show. There is no sincerity in the gestures. It seems so contrived and fake that you wonder if they truly HAVE friends at all!

A Mat Salleh who came for the wedding couldn't believe how we welcomed her into the family and treated her just like one of us. She was blown away and has been raving about it ever since. Kinda makes you wonder what sort of environment did she grow up in. Makes you appreciate so much more how wonderful it is to be Malaysian. And how I can't wait to be back.

Did I mention I'll be back next year?

"WOOO HOOOO!!!! KL HERE I COME!!!!!"

5 comments:

izso said...

awww shucks.. we love you too. XD

Anyway, aussies are like that. You make friends yes, but how far that friendship goes is another thing. I'm still in touch with my old friends in Australia when they were still the helpdesk in the office, but we don't really talk too personal and if we do, it's about how Australia lost to Italy in the Fifa World cup.

When you back btw? For your father's anniversary or something right?

pugly said...

Despite our `rude' behaviour, nothing beats Malaysian hospitality, really :-) We sure know how to make our guests feel welcome!

And ... did you say you were coming back? Next year??! For Good???!!

YIPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

P.S.: We love you tooooooooo, mooooooo!!!!!

NinJaMoo said...

Izso: Hopefully, we'll be back to celebrate CNY next year. Jason's keen to see whazzit like.

Pugly: I guess we're only rude to the people we don't know. And no, not for good. Unfortunately. *SIGH* Oh well...

izso said...

You really wanna come back to M'sia meh? (I mean for good) I thought you liked it there in Perth?

As for Jason.. aiya.. if he's keen on giving ang-pows then say la he's keen on giving ang-pows.. hahaha!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»