13.2.08

Let it begin...


And so tomorrow, the onslaught begins.

Flowers will be sent, chocolates will be consumed, and some a$$es wil be kicked to kingdom come for forgetting. Retailers will believe that it's okay to make a killing on this day, and significant others will believe that killing is the only option for this day.

Today, a colleague (let's call this colleague Y) received flowers in anticipation of tomorrow. Me, I think that's a good idea. Get it in before everyone else. That way, everyone else can talk to their partners about what Y got and remind their significant others (not so gently) that they better get their acts together before the chopping block happens.

But I don't really care if I get flowers anymore...it just means that I have to care for them and that, at the moment, isn't something I relish. Chocolates isn't something I'd fancy either, given that I've put on a couple more kilos recently and don't need the extra weight (who said getting dogs would make me exercise more?). And the only thing I will be thinking about tomorrow is "Damn it, so much to do, so littl' time. When will my work be done?" Just like what I've been thinking for the past month or so.

So to everyone celebrating Valentine's Day (and also to those of you who have been forward thinking enough to plan a nice Valentine's Day surprise), enjoy the day. Cherish spending time with each other, because it's another day that you have to share and that you can create memories together for.

On the other hand, to those of you who've gone "Crap, it's tomorrow?"...all I can say is good luck and may the Force be with you (so that you can do the whole Obi-Wan Kenobi mind trick). If that doesn't work...you're on your own mate!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm dead I am

Anonymous said...

Nicely said... The FORCE will indeed be with (or rather ON) those who have forgotten. The FORCE will be swift and comes in a form of slaps, punches, or pinches.

Moo: You lose weight when you bring your dogs for a jog and NOT seeing them rolling around in your living area. I don't have dogs. See what I am now :(

pugly said...

Owh, you can send some of them chocs over :-P

Happy VD!

izso said...

VD? Veneral disease! XD

I'm so over V-day. Ugh.

izchan said...

I got her a card and she was surprised that I even bothered.

say tonnes about my love life.

Minah Melayu said...

LOL...
Flowers? J gave me seeds so I could grow my own. Love is great :-) What did we do on V-Day? Sat in front of the TV with a box of chocolates and ordered Indian take-away. Yes, romance is going strong in our household.

izso said...

Izchan - that's the secret man. Don't show much interest in these things and when you do bother, even the smallest things mean tonnes. Hehe

NinJaMoo said...

naz: So what happened?

danny: hehehe...don't worry. Fatherhood will help you lose weight. 'Running After Kids' is a good exercise programme ;P

Pugly: hahaha...I'll bring them home for you. If I sent them, they'd melt!

NinJaMoo said...

izso: Only you would go there ;P & it should be V-day throughout the year given that you're a NEWLYWED!!!

izchan: I got a card...and I thought it was sweet coz' I thought that he might have forgotten. We were just saying the other day "Are we like an old married couple now?" ;P

beebuzzzz: I love the seeds gift, I think that had some thought put into it. You guys sound like an old married couple too! ;)