17.1.07

Service?

What Service?


Getting service in Australia is like pulling teeth sometimes!!! I'm ready to practise what I learnt in Marketing or Consumer Behaviour (I forget...but anyway) - everyime you get bad service, you tell 9-12 people about it. Well in this case, to everyone who's reading this, IN YOUR FACE TELSTRA!

Recently, hubby & I registered to get our phone connection put in and I specifically requested that the phone bill be in both our names (only coz' the house is). The person who took my call said "No problem" and I assumed that this was all settled and I could continue with my merry littl' life and not think about it.

Yeah right...should've learnt by now that nothing is ever THAT easy in Australia.

Not only is hubby's name not on the phone bill, but he's been left out of the listing in the Residential White Pages! He was not impressed one bit!

We didn't even know this until a friend of his wanted to send an invite to us for her wedding. She couldn't find him in the White Pages but lo and behold! If you look me up, there's only 2 in the state!

Of course, me letting the company know that they've stuffed up big time only took 2 weeks for them to fix the problem...and still not all of it is resolved! They've fixed it up on the phone bill (apparently...I'll wait for the bill before I say anything else) and have pointed me in the direction of the White Pages people to fix that listing up! You would've thought that because they made the error, they would get in touch with the White Pages people to fix it up.

But of course, that's asking for too much.

& they wonder why they're losing customers...

15 comments:

Syrope said...

oh dear, I think I can understand how you feel, even though I've never lived there before. It's like they can handle all the simple instructions but fumble when things get slightly more complicated. And perhaps, just perhaps, they think Asians are very troublesome because we are too picky. But they failed to realise that's because they never really gave us what we requested for in the first place..

Right now, can only hope the bill is not done up wrongly in the end!

Anonymous said...

Telstra is like Telekom. A giant monopoly. You should've known better with your experience here in KL and Telekom :P

VIRGIN RULEESS

Anonymous said...

3 words . Telstra memang SETAN.

pugly said...

Moo, I think the guy who took your order secretly fancies you lah ... that's why he deliberately left the hubby out ;-P

NinJaMoo said...

Takakohazelnut: Yeah...waiting on next bill to see how...

Izso: Virgin doesn't have residential line rental. No residential line = no broadband. No broadband = no email, no blogging, no news from Moo. Therefore, no Telstra = no news from Moo.

NinJaMoo said...

kj: Sounds like you have some angst you'd like to let out. Care to share?

Pugly: Unless that guy had a sex change, I'm pretty sure that I've been dealing with females most of the time!!! But then again...you never know! =Þ

mer said...

I dun understand malay but is KJ calling Telstra 'satan'? LOL

Anonymous said...

Ah, we see why there's a problem. Women handled it :)

izchan said...

Ah ... the beauty of living in the land of kiwi. :P

Syrope said...

Ninja: quick write another entry! Am getting addicted to your blog :) Wheeeeeee........

NinJaMoo said...

Mer: kj is just highlighting the fact that they're evil!

Naz: I don't think this problem is gender specific - Telstra's customer service culture (or lack of) is so pervasive that all employees would be affected. I wrote a sarcastic feedback email back...I wonder if they'll have enough brains to get it...

NinJaMoo said...

Izchan: Errr...don't you mean the land of the kangaroo? We associate Kiwis with New Zealanders! ;p oh and btw, can you recommend places in HK? I've got a friend who's thinking of going there...wants to know more.

Takakohazelnut: Good things are worth waiting for! hahahaa...=Þ Besides, I can't go from a sporadic blogger to a moo-blog-maniac! ;)

Crash Test Mom said...

it's not that much different over there is it? sigh..

NinJaMoo said...

Shopper Mom: I think it's an agreement that all telecommunication giants have with each other all over the world =Þ

Mr Hobo said...

don't use a mobile phone ... send telegrams ... life was much simpler then