It just gets too messy!
This may sound a tab bit strange but I've always wanted a beanbag. For some reason, I've always liked the idea of having a sack of beans on the floor, ready for you to plonk your butt on and just sink in (yes, I know...having a sack of beans on the floor sounds just as inviting as a sack of potatoes on the floor). & since we moved in, I thought that it would be really cool if we could get ourselves our very own beanbag to put in the living room.
Turns out a good friend of ours decided to give us their beanbag. I was excited! Finally, our very own beanbag to have and to use. I couldn't wait to get the beanbag home and put it to good use.
After the long journey home (anticipation always makes car rides feel longer), I lugged the beanbag in (it really looked like Santa's gift sack...only blue and less lumpy) and decided that we should give it a wash before putting it to use.
Big mistake...bad idea...will never think about doing it ever again.
We attempted to empty the beans out of the bag. 3 large garbage bags and a 60litre plastic container later, we ended up with most of the beans emptied out and fake snow all over the floor. Hubby was like..."Don't worry. We'll hafta put the beans back into the beanbag anyway, so don't worry about cleaning it all up too much".
Should have listened to him! Me, wanting to keep some semblance of order in the house, decided to attempt to get the beans into one of the garbage bags. And so, felt quite accomplished after half an hour of labour.
Today, after washing the beanbag cover and letting it dry, I decided to attempt to put the beans back into the bag.
2 hours (or maybe more, I lost track of time) and lots of aches and pains later (will spare you the details, its almost too painful to relive), I managed to get 99% of the beans back into the bag. The remaining 1% was too much of a hassle to try and get out of the garbage bags, off the floor and into the beanbag.
Again, mental note - should have listened to hubby.
& so, if anyone hears me talk about getting another beanbag, please feel free to whack me over the head or knock me unconscious. I'm sure there's other better things to do that would be less painful than getting a beanbag - like going through labour and having children.